CheckiO is being widely used by teachers all over the world as an extra-tool for their students to practice their skills especially after learning a new material. One of the things that make CheckiO stand out is that it doesn't just have fun coding challenges and tools for solving code puzzles but also a huge amount of interesting solutions shared by other CheckiO users.
If you have a big class of students, it’s hard to single-handedly monitor their activities, how good and how often they are solving the missions, who is stuck and how to help them? So we’ve decided to create a tool that can help teachers over the course, because the only way to get the hang of how clear you are explaining your material is to see how your students are solving the relative tasks and what they don’t understand. Another key factor for teachers is that they can control the privacy of their students and make their students invisible for the rest of CheckiO Community.
For 2 years the tool was in open beta testing during which we had classes from 10 to 200 students. At that period not only schools and universities participated, but also the CheckiO founder - Alex - has been teaching Python in his hometown for over a year already and used CheckiO ClassRoom to help his students understand the language.
You can start your first class, find some additional information, as well as go through the key advantages and feedbacks from those who have already used CheckiO Classrooms on our special page For Teachers.
Below you can also see other points that will for sure be interesting and quite useful.
- Class Progress - How you can use the advantages this tool provides, to boost the effectivness and management of the classes.
- Solution History - How you can become a mind reader and see the process in which your student was solving the mission.
- ClassRoom Practice - How you can see what language constructs your students are practically applying in their solutions.
- Course Manager - How you can rearrange the missions, create your own missions and create a specific course for your class.
- Class Customization - What options are there to change the class to your liking (including privacy and sections customization).
- Class Members - How you can manage the users in each of your classes and their memberships.
- Class Invitations - How students can join your class.
- ClassRoom Activity - Timeline of your class in terms of solving mission and sharing solution.